Developing Internal Education
Management and continuous assistance of patients with cardiovascular pathologies, prevention and rehabilitation services, both inside and outside the hospital context, are specific skills of nurses, physiotherapists, pump specialists and radiology / laboratory technicians.
Nurses, in particular, always need to follow up to date programs allowing them to effectively assist people in the best way, to guarantee continuity of cares and to plan and implement education services for teaching patients and their families how to self-manage the illness.
The nursing, technical and rehabilitative staff participates in the education and in the training of the health operators and it is also involved in projects and events organized with the cooperation of other institutions.
During 2016, many courses with different editions were held and administered by SITRA to 576 internal operators for a total of 4201,3 credit points awarded by the Ministry of Health.
Current regulation and safety system
- Training course for risk prevention of manual handling of loads
- PQRST clinical electrophysiology for nurses
- The cardiac pacing
- Theoretical and practical evaluation of the venous and arterial district by echo-guided Doppler technique and superficial/deep venous burial and cannulation with ultrasound support
- Theoretical and practical management of Midline venous catheter system and PICC treatment
- Non-invasive mechanical ventilation in cardiology
Research and Education
- Basic concepts of statistics in epidemiology and clinical practice
- Organized models in nursing: the primary nursing
Some training groups have been officially recognized for:
- Prevention and treatment of delirium in Intensive Cardiac Care Unit
- PDTA therapeutic care and diagnostic pathway for patients suffering from ventricular tachycardia
- Surgical wound treatment (Asepsis Scale)
- Critical patient care in hyperglycemia treatment (Yale protocol)
Conferences were organized on:
- Medical and nursing care of patients with artificial heart
- Nurse Day
Every year the SITRA also develops an educational plan on the basis of skills and training needs of the Professional Working Group.
In addition, in 2011 the SITRA created a new team “EBN Cardiology Team” with the aims of applying knowledge in research for evidence-based practice in order to implement projects of clinical care pathways within cardiology / cardiac surgery and implement research activities in different Units.
Ongoing research projects
- Evaluation of the effects of health education on the patient affected by heart failure through appropriate knowledge of heart failure and self-care behaviour
- Removing radial arterial sheath: Patent Hemostasis
- IB SCORE: a nursing tool for the evaluation of the patient after the hemodynamic procedures
- Effect of music-therapy on the patient suffering from heart failure;
- Nursing customer satisfaction by “Newcastle satisfaction with nursing scales”
- Remote Monitoring: quality of life and psychological state of patients with ICD.