Objective of this paper is to evaluate image quality, coronary evaluability and radiation exposure of coronary CT angiography (CCTA) performed with whole-heart coverage cardiac-CT in 164 patients with atrial fibrillation (AF).
Among key points of the paper:
- last-generation CT scanner improves coronary artery assessment in AF patient;
- the new CT scanner enables low radiation exposure in AF patients;
- diagnostic ICA maybe avoided in AF patients with suspected CAD;
- whole-heart coverage CT scanner enables low radiation exposure in AF patients.
- Andreini D, Pontone G, Mushtaq S, Mancini ME, Conte E, Guglielmo M, Volpato V, Annoni A, Baggiano A, Formenti A, Ditali V, Perchinunno M, Fiorentini C, Bartorelli AL, Pepi M. Image quality and radiation dose of coronary CT angiography performed with whole-heart coverage CT scanner with intra-cycle motion correction algorithm in patients with atrial fibrillation. Eur Radiol 2017 Nov 21. doi: 10.1007/s00330-017-5131-2. [Epub ahead of print] Go to PubMed