The Monzino Sport is a Sport Cardiology Center dedicated to athletes – from professional athletes to weekend sportsmen – who are at risk for, have been diagnosed with, or are recovering from cardiovascular diseases. The aim is to help them to continue safely to practice sport. The Center adopts a multidisciplinary team approach to personalize care for each patient, considering age, medical history and cardiovascular tests.
More in detail, it is an advanced center of sports Cardiology that addresses two distinct categories of users:
- the sportsman with the prescription of the sports doctor, for a clinical doubt about the issue of fitness, which is dedicated to a diagnostic and therapeutic path. This route is accessible in agreement with the SSN (italian National Health Service).
- healthy sportsman, without known problems, who wants to access a specific cardiovascular prevention path in Day Service, created on the basis of four different types of users: (1) non-competitive sportsman under 50; (2) agonist (or non-competitive) over 50; (3) high level agonist (or high-level competitive team); (4) mountaineer (or even hiker over 3.000 msl).
Type of consultations
- Timely and comprehensive individual assessment on any sports activity,
- Cardiovascular assessment,
- Advanced imaging techniques to ensure accurate diagnosis and personalized treatment plans.
The first line is our sport ambulatory where we perform an accurate clinical and sports history and we examine all the athletes with suspected cardiovascular diseases at a previous elegibility sport evaluation.
The second line is our non-invasive screening including advanced imaging techniques (MRI and CT scan) to ensure accurate diagnosis and treatment plans.
The third line is invasive evaluation and invasive therapeutic treatment especially in arrhythmic disorders.
In 2 years of activity we evaluated more than 327 athletes and we treated more than 150 athletes with ventricular arrhythmias and 85% of them could come back to their sports activity.